In December 2010 there was a major management restructure within the company with the retirement of an existing director and the company secretary and the introduction of Gus MacDonald as Works Director and Natalie Macdonald as new Company Secretary both long term employees.
In April 2013 the company further strengthened its management position by introducing a further 2 Directors David Arbuckle as Site Director and Allan Morgan as Contracts Director. This decision to restructure company management over recent years has allowed the business to flourish and gain a strong foothold in the construction industry servicing a number of high profile clients. In 2011 the management realized that the current premises and yard space may struggle to cope with the demands of its ever increasing customer base and decided that further expansion was required. This was brought about on august 2012 with the acquisition of ½ an acre site adjacent to our existing yard increasing our yard footprint to 1 ½ acre site.
The purchase of the additional land was key to the expansion plans as it allowed the build of 4,000 sq. ft. fabrication shop increasing our combined workshop facility to 14,000 sq. ft. and a 1000 sq. ft. extension to our offices. On 1st January 1995 Parkhead Welding was approved by Moody International to BS EN ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems and this approval remains current and as of 2013 we are now Chas accredited. In June 2014, Parkhead Welding Co Ltd became one of the first steel fabrication companies in Scotland to be approved for CE Marking. All our operatives are fully trained and hold CSCS cards and all our safety systems are fully monitored by John Sproul Health & Safety Services.